Romance in the Finger Lakes - 5 things to do with your Sweetheart
Whether you are looking for a way to celebrate Valentine’s Day or you just need some time away to reconnect with your special someone, the Finger Lakes provide opportunities for romance around every corner.
- Fireside dinner for two: warm and welcoming, the Aurora Inn dining room always has a fire blazing during the cooler months. Their award winning refined American cuisine complimented by sparkling silver, crisp linen napkins, warm service and beautiful surroundings will make this an evening to remember. Full list of restaurants.
- Visit a winery: For wine-loving couples, a visit to a local winery over the winter months provides a chance to get up close with the winemakers in an intimate setting while learning about our amazing wines. A visit to Colloca Estate Winery on Lake Ontario provides an extra bonus with their “Sunday Funday” live music every Sunday from 3-6 p.m. Full list of wineries.
- Take in a show: For those looking for entertainment, Auburn Public Theater is the perfect place for dinner and a show. From theater and films to comedy, music, lectures and more, there’s always something going on. Full list of entertainment.
- Go for a hike: For outdoor enthusiasts, a hike in scenic Bear Swamp State Forest is the perfect way to spend an afternoon together. The landscape of pine, spruce and hardwood forests is breathtaking. Afterwards, stop by the cozy Colonial Lodge located on the edge of the park for a tasty lunch or dinner and cocktails. Full list of parks and trails.
- Romantic Getaway – 10 Fitch in Auburn offers an ‘Enchanted Evening Getaway’ complete with fondue for two, chocolate covered strawberries, candle light, rose petal and chocolate turn down, breakfast served in your suite and more. This is a great gift for Valentine’s Day or anytime! Full list of romance packages.