Watch as history comes alive at the William H. Seward House, a National Historic Landmark and home of President Lincoln’s Secretary of State! Located just a short drive from Aurora in Auburn, New York, travel back in time on the Seward estate with the vivacious Geralyn Huba, collections manager, to learn fascinating family narratives, handle priceless artifacts from around the world, and explore spaces closed off to the public.
The chance to experience history back-stage is available to those enjoying a two-night stay at any time during the year. For an additional $305 (based on a two-person package), you can experience:
- A selection from our Civil War movie library with a bottle of Finger Lakes Wine and house-made gourmet popcorn awaiting your arrival
- A day-in-the-life behind the scenes at the Seward House. You’ll work alongside Geralyn as you take on a project suited to your specific interest. Transportation is not provided, though maps are!
- $100 voucher towards dinner at the Aurora Inn
- Early check-in or late check-out, available November through April
- A take-home gift of Doris Kearns Goodwin’s Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Additional add-ons, such as a massage, can be arranged. Contact Alex Schloop at 315-364-8866, or email@example.com.